Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Native American


I was dreading doing this week's topic, until I started working on it. I admit this isn't anything special or any person in particular, just a guy standing there, but damn was it fun to draw and ink. I was at a loss for what to do, so I just did some quick reference, found some interesting images, and this ended up coming out on my end. I didn't bother erasing the pencils or adjusting the levels too much because it gave it a raw feeling, and felt that was appropriate for the subject matter. Before this drawing I didn't really have any interest on doing something native american, but now I can't wait to do another!

5 comments:

  1. Nice. I agree with you on the raw feeling and it looks like you had fun with it too. If you want some good reference to do more Native American stuff, google the photography of Edward S. Curtis. I found a book of his photography in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble last fall and it is amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet inks! they have the feeling of loose pencils, i like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. I really like the way you handle anatomy man. It's a cool graphic without looking too graphic look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty awesome dude, love the anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi is this a particular style of drawing I just started and like the effect

    ReplyDelete