Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milligan and Allred's X-Force


In the early 2000's, I was really getting into monthly comics. One of the first series I followed religiously was Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's run on X-Force. It was an unusual superhero series because it was about a celebrity team of mutants, and characters were introduced and then killed the next issue. Also, most of the "heroes" were dicks. It was incredibly compelling, due to the unpredictable and bizarre stories. This series introduced me to Mike Allred, and I went on to find all the Madman trades and, thus, it led me to more and more creator-owned comics. So, I'm grateful to X-Force for that.

4 comments:

  1. Sick! I love this series too, it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Allred is awesome. Meeting him with you was one of my highlights at Comic Con.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, I agree it was outstanding! It spoiled me for other comics because I thought every super-team book should have been that good. Garry, thanks! Emi, thank you SO much! :) Carabet, I agree: he was suuuuuch a pimp.

    ReplyDelete