Monday, July 11, 2011

And now . . . the Wolverine!

Ok, I know I have a bit of a reputation among y'all as a rabid Wolverine fanatic. There is good reason behind it though. I grew up very close with my grandparents out in California. My grandfather went to the University of Michigan and got me hooked on Wolverine football at a very young age. Not only does Logan share a nickname with my favorite college team, but they wore the same colors. Also, my first memory of seeing a comic book and deciding that I wanted to draw them was when I saw the cover to 'The Incredible Hulk' #340 by Todd McFarlane. You know the one. A close up of Wolvie with his claws popped and the reflection of the Hulk in his claws. Very cool. I really got into Wolverine, the X-Men and Todd McFarlane after that. Everything just kinda grew from there.

Also, this is the first drawing that I completely inked by brush in a long time. It was fun using a brush again. Defiantly go through phases with it.

2 comments: